In 1929 Commercial Banking Company opened its doors at 110 West Main Street, in Hahira Georgia.
Despite the economic turmoil of the Depression Era, the bank earned a reputation as a solid institution in the community, focusing on agricultural lending. This focus allowed the Bank to grow prudently throughout the decades.
In 1990, the bank opened a new facility in nearby Valdosta, Georgia. On three acres of commercial property, a new 16,000 square foot facility was erected housing all new state-of-the-art technology, including three drive through lanes and a drive up ATM. This location now serves as corporate headquarters.
In 1995, Langdale Industries, Inc., a local family owned, diversified company, purchased Commercial Banking Company. Soon thereafter the bank grew rapidly from a $22 million institution to its current asset size of approximately $200 million.
Having a desire to fully serve the Lowndes County community, Commercial Banking Company opened another location near beautiful Valdosta State University on Baytree Road. This Financial Center serves the college community as well as the growing business sector in this strong retail area. The Bank further expanded into Moultrie, Georgia with a new Financial Center that opened in 2007. Favorable market conditions prompted the Bank to expand into the Tifton, Georgia area in early 2012.
Commercial Banking Company employs 54 friendly, career bankers. From retail or business lending to retail or business checking, we have simple solutions for you. We take the complications out of banking.